Leg question

John Baird jbaird@fgi.net
Wed Feb 7 09:42 MST 2001

Avery,

I see that Ron replied with prices.

Below are a couple of posts from Ted Sambell and one from John Minor
several months ago when I made inquiries. We went with the shorter legs
and Renner casters and don't regret it. The original Steinway B casters
were creasing the new stage floor terribly. We don't have that problem
at all with the Renner casters. The problem for us with a Jansen concert
grand truck would have been that, if the piano just needed to be moved a
few feet, would they really go off stage to get the truck for that short
move? In time, the stage floor would have suffered quite a bit from
these short moves.

By the way, we sold 3 of the 6 brand new original Steinway ebony legs
that were left over when we replaced them with short legs, so we still
have 3 for sale. These will fit models B & D.

John Baird
Millikin University
Decatur, Illinois