Baldwin/Mehlin

Thu Feb 8 03:21 MST 2001

At 22:55 02/07/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>I have a Mehlin in my shop for some work, and I thought the cut out was a
>factory mistake (as in, like, darn, shoulda used a slightly bigger blank, oh
>well, it makes it all the way to the edge most of the way around). Is that
>what they meant by 'freely vibrating soundboard'? Cool. Is that gap between
>the soundboard and the ribs under the bridges standard, too? Please say yes.
>Ken Jankura

Gee, Ken, I don't remember.

I'll take my nap today under the 6'4" Mehlin we have here and gaze at the
soundboard and ribs.  ;-}
I tuned it yesterday, but failed to do that vital visual czech. Woe is me.

Conrad Hoffsommer - Luther College, Decorah, IA
Ignorance doesn't kill you, but it will make you sweat a lot.-Haitian proverb