Normally stretched treble sounds flat

John Baird jbaird@fgi.net
Tue Feb 13 12:45 MST 2001

Alternate Subject Line:   Outrageously stretched treble sounds great

RE: The phenomenon where a normally, RPT-exam-passing, stretched treble
sounds flat, especially when playing a slow arpeggio up to the top
octave, but an extremely stretched treble sounds very good. The single
octaves, 10ths & 17ths don't pass an inspection by tuners, but the piano
does sound great when it is played.

I believe this has been discussed before--does anyone remember when or
what the subject line was?

How much of this outrageous, great-sounding, tuning is being done around
the country? I am currently being pressed in this direction, and for the
most part will go there willingly, but I would be interested in any
current and/or past discussion.

Thanks,

John Baird
Millikin University