Casters

Tue Mar 13 20:13 MST 2001

At 22:44 03/13/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi David,
>They are just moving it from the storage room, to the stage and
>back.
>In the process they damaged the piano, and I think they are
>blaming the fact that they can't control it, on the truck.
>They are told to move it with no less than 2 people, but I think
>they sometimes use just one person.
>Thank you.
>Regards,
>John M. Ross

People forget laws like inertia, and ignore things like door
thresholds.   We had a Baldwin R which people assured us would never leave
a certain space.  After it went nose down twice in a month they allowed me
to get a stage truck...

That S&S D is about 1000 pounds of piano on the hoof.  Some doorways and
wall corners around here have lost in close encounters with stampeding
pianos.

Conrad Hoffsommer - Luther College, Decorah, IA
Ignorance doesn't kill you, but it will make you sweat a lot.-Haitian proverb