Casters

Fred Sturm fssturm@unm.edu
Wed Mar 14 07:26 MST 2001

John,
	I suggest you do (or suggest having done) what I am about to do upon
purchase of a new D for our recital hall: install padded bumpers on the
door jambs between hall and storage area. The bumpers need to be
slightly below lid level, and extend to the keybed. I haven't done it
yet, but think that a piece of one by whatever material covered by
carpet should be fine. Will also install a "chair rail" along the wall
where the piano is kept, similarly padded and just below lid level.
	The problem of control is mostly just while the casters are swivelling.
I have shunted two D's back and forth through doorways single handed for
15 years without one scrape. But the work-studies aren't quite as
careful and experienced.
Fred Sturm
University of new Mexico