renner blues baby

Michelle L Stranges stranges@Oswego.EDU
Mon Mar 26 13:46 MST 2001

hello folks... wondering if I might pop in a question here and see what
happens.

 I am regulating a Steinway B that has replacement Renner parts. My question
is:
On the top of the rep lever, there is a slight indentation behind the jack..
marked in the graphited area. A line of some sort....
Now maybe it's me and eating right before I go to bed, but I SEEM to
remember on other sets that I've seen that that line is kinda near where the
jack ends up when properly regulated under the knuckle. Is this true??  I am
having issues with this action because the jack is ending up way too close
to the end of the rep window after travel, and this ain't cool. Could these
replacement parts be the wrong ones, and the knuckles be too far forward???
Hmmmm..

:) cheers!! Thanx much!!
michelle

stranges@oswego.edu