key doublets

David M. Porritt dm.porritt@verizon.net
Sun Nov 4 15:04 MST 2001

John:

Thanks for your reply.  I scrambled for the name of that part. I
called some colleagues, checked diagrams in the Steinway Tech
Manual,.... no name.  I recalled that John Hartman had used a name in
his article on backchecks in the June 2001 Journal, (page 26) so I
found it and voile - doublet.  Only John knows if it is right or
not!!

In most parts-naming diagrams it is just treated as part of the key.

dave