replacing plain wire

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Thu Nov 8 22:19 MST 2001

Wim,
    What about the fact that as the wire ages you get closer and closer
to the elastic limit of the wire. I'd swear that I can sometimes tell
when a string will break by the way it sounds. Another reason to me is
the fact that the piano becomes harder and harder to tune with age
because of string rendering problems. I suppose that these are related
in at least a small way. Perhaps we could also ask ourselves why
guitarists and other stringed instrument players find the need to
replace strings too?

Greg

--
Greg Newell