bottom covers

Mark Cramer cramer@BrandonU.CA
Mon Nov 19 09:52 MST 2001

I am concerned about the velcro attachment system. The method of watering
that has evolved here is to check tanks manually on a routine schedule,
rather than by the warning lites.

As this requires reaching into the tank, it will require
detaching/re-attaching a portion of the bottom-cover weekly. I'm worried
about how the velcro will hold up.

re: between the beams

I have retrofit several systems in preparation for bottom covers. Are
Dampp-Chaser recommending suspending the tank on 'shortened' hangers for the
'tween the beams' thing, Don? I couldn't discern this from the instructions.

At one time I had considered installing an outboard riser-tube for an easy
visual check of water levels.

Anyone else considering the ramifications of bottom-covers on watering
routines? Let's talk.

thanks,
Mark Cramer,
Brandon University