Capo-hardening

Mon Oct 1 12:03 MDT 2001

> Ron Overs wrote:
>
> > Richard wrote;
> >
> >      Hmm.... well ok... termination issue it is... but a choice
> >      of a very hard termination
> >      neccessitates a choice of a round /wide termination... or
> >      string breakage becomes an
> >      issue.
> >
> > What about the option of adjusting the string deflection angles
> > Richard? I've sent this info' to you on a previous occasion, and our
> > exhibition piano at Reno had small radius hardened bars with detuned
> > duplex lengths, set to an angle of under-fifteen-degrees. Did you
> > listen to top end of this piano? While some will claim that excessive
> > energy gets over onto the duplex if the angle is too low, if the
> > length is not too long and it is properly detuned, the lower
> > deflection small radius hard detuned bars will work extremely well.

Obvioiusly I missed a posting... and only have this tidbit from Fred Sturms
reply to go on... but.... I thought I did include string defecltion angles
as a parameter option in my posting on this along with overall scale
tension... btw is yours a high or low tensioned scale ?

Yes I did hear your piano in Reno and I did like it really well. But we
still dont know how much string breakage under heavy use this piano of yours
will sustain do we ?......

It would be nice to see your whole reply Ron, I always enjoy reading your
insightfull comments. Welcome to Caut btw!

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.