Question

Ed Sutton ed440@mindspring.com
Tue Oct 2 09:19 MDT 2001

Avery-
    Last year I rebuilt a small 1920's Cable (5'2' or 5'4"?).  Put Wapins on
the bridge and full rescale adding extra wound strings across the break,
also a full fit pinblock.  It came out remarkably good, I was sorry to
return it to the owner.  It was an easy piano to rebuild.
    It had a semicircular laminated strut under the case, no beams, and a
single big toggle bolt crossways on the the rim (like part of a Mason and
Hamlin spider)  There were no cracks in the soundboard and it had excellent
crown!
    Wish I could find another one for free!
        Ed S.