remember?

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Sun Oct 14 19:57 MDT 2001

Mark,

I'm afraid I have only one box left in the freezer.  The greens at the
Canadian golf course (there is a newer one on the U.S. side were oiled
sand.  When done putting you smoothed the surface with a round pipe thingee
for the next golfers.  This was many years ago and they may be grass now...

Met(like the opera) i (like in it) go (go) she (she).  I pronounce Ree
(long vowel) seez (long vowel), it is plural...

David I.

On 10/14/01 at 5:03 PM Mark Cramer wrote:

>No-one has halted our little tangent from geography to national candy-bar
>brands (yet), and I'm enjoying the diversion, especially since we've hit
>golf! :>)
>
>BTW, I'm pleased to see someone beat me to the punch and sent you some
>"Mac"
>toffee David,.. I guess you had better make it last. :>)
>
>I began pursuit of our craft at Bob Perkin's school in Elyria, Ohio (1983)
>and enjoy many friendships to this date with the locals.
>
>At the time, one old-time resident (of Elyria) mentioned over breakfast he
>used to go fishing at a lake he kind of thought might be near ny home,..
>Lake Meti-"go"-sheeee.
>
>Being kind of slow, it took me a few minutes to realize
>the place he was desciribing was the very lake we Canadains know as Lake
>Meti-gosh (as in "oh my gosh!"),.. we don't enunciate the "e" on the end.
>
>As I can't hear what you're saying over the net guys, how do you pronounce
>Metigoshe?  And how do you prounce Reese's as in Reese's Peanut Butter
cups
>(back to the candy bars)?
>
>We call them "Rees-ehz," while my Mid-Eastern friends say "Rees-eee" cups.
>
>We were out for 9 holes last weekend, and could've played yesterday but
for
>yardwork. The temps average about 10 degrees celsius (45-50 degrees
F?)this
>time of year.
>
>best regards
>Mark Cramer,