Steinway patent eh??

David M. Porritt dm.porritt@verizon.net
Fri Oct 19 14:34 MDT 2001

Since patents last 20 years, I'm having a hard time with the idea
that the Steinway "rosette" rail is still patented.  They have been
using that configuration for 120 years that I know of.  I've also
used tons of Renner parts and never had a problem with their fitting
on the rail.  I have to think you just got one bad batch or
something.

dave

On 10/19/01 at 2:24 PM Michelle L Stranges wrote:

>Hmmm... for the fella that asked why the old wippens were being
>replaced...
>
>the old ones were teflon.
>
>THe renners were ordered.
>THe cut- out doesn't match well with the Steinway rail.
>All of the centerpins and parts lined up, hence the reason for
ordering
>that
>particular wippen.
>
>A patent is the reason??
>THat is VERY interesting to know.
>
>Sure hope I did not send the  wrong message about Renner.. I Love
dealing
>with them and I have a great relationship with Mrs. Meyer. They are
very
>helpfull!!
>
>I highly doubt that I will try and get into moving the rail as
someone
>suggested.  :(
>
>Just thought I'd see if someone else has run into this problem.
>
>THanx for all of your responses.
>
>:) Michelle
>stranges@oswego.edu
>
>Have a great weekend!