Silent or Mute Keyboards

Joel Jones jajones2@facstaff.wisc.edu
Mon Oct 22 12:17 MDT 2001

> List,
> Does anyone still offer those portable silent keyboards?  I remember seeing
> them in supply house catalogs several years ago, but don't see them in the
> new catalogs.  One of our piano profs is interested in purchasing one.
>
> Thanks,
> Jeff
>
> Jeff Tanner
> Piano Technician
> School of Music
> University of South Carolina
> Columbia, SC 29208
> (803)-777-4392 (phone)

Jeff,
We have a 'virgil' practice keyboard. It is from the 20's with adjustable
tension.  It is a full 88 note keyboard with  regular size keys. Makes a
click on down stroke or up stroke or completely silent.
    We also have a Lyon & Healy 4 octave keyboard.  No adjustments, but is
in a case with handle for easy transport.
    If you are interested we would like to find a good home for them.  Write
me privately and we'll discuss terms.
Joel

-- Joel A. Jones
Senior Piano Technician