Hands Off Fallboard Lock

Ron Torrella rontorrella@yahoo.com
Tue Oct 30 14:43 MST 2001

I think we've been mounting that thing over between C1 and F1 (notes 4-9)
and haven't experienced  problems with fallboards being pried open despite
the lock ("Good Luck!" I'd say!). We *have,* however, had one instance of
someone somehow removing the lock from the shoe without benefit of a key (I
think they cast a spell or charmed it....). After that lock disappeared, I
devised a means of tethering the locks to the piano so that dimwits won't
have much of a chance at removing them from the room/premises. The cable
holding the lock within arm's reach of the piano is rated to about 1500 lbs
tinsel strength. The screws'll tear out of the wood before the cable breaks.
:-)