Piano truck choice?

Susan Kline sckline@attbi.com
Wed Jul 31 22:15 MDT 2002

At 08:15 PM 7/30/2002 -0600, you wrote:
>Hi there, Petite wetlander,
>    Get the clunky one, cause it's the best product for the price, and
> then wrap the spiders with canvas duck, like is used on the covers. Or...
> custom colors, whatever.
>Take a jack, a box, and a short chunk of two-by-four. Don't do like the
>Yamaha (w/PianoDisc) in the lobby of the Hyatt in Chicago. You know...
>leave the castors on.... whew!
>
>Guy Nichols, RPT
>Kept on Truckin'

<grin> I didn't notice the pianodisc legs in the lobby, since I was
observing it mainly from three floors above. But I did find a little Yamaha
at a resort once perched on a truck still wearing brass roller skates. And
one of the arms of the truck wasn't even adjusted to meet the leg. Sort of
a stand-up-to-play piano, and veeeeeeery precarious.

I hadn't thought of fabric slip-covers. That's an interesting idea.

Do you have a company whose truck you prefer, for price or sturdiness or
customer service or whatever?

Thanks to all who responded.

Susan