upright piano recommendation, please

Fred Sturm fssturm@unm.edu
Fri Aug 9 08:22 MDT 2002

I don't have a specific recommendation, but will comment that a shorter
instrument (circa 45-46") might be desirable, as often it will probably
be used for ensemble playing. Pianist needs to be able to see over the
top to see conductor and other players. I've often had pianists prefer a
Hamilton over a Yamaha U-1 for this reason - the sight line issue is
more important to them.
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico