M&H Sostenuto Adjustment

Lawrence Becker lawrence.becker@uc.edu
Fri Aug 9 09:43 MDT 2002

Dear list-

Yesterday I was working on a Mason & Hamlin A from the early 1920s.  I was
having trouble with sostenuto tabs jamming against the round barrel of the
sostenuto rod, and it would have been helpful to be able to adjust it out,
away from the tabs.  However, I couldn't find any adjustment
available.  These did not look to be bendable brackets, but are a solid,
machined metal anchored in the belly rail.

Anybody got some insight into these critters for me?

Lawrence Becker, RPT
Piano Technician
College-Conservatory of Music
University of Cincinnati