speaking of damper problems

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Fri Aug 16 13:28 MDT 2002

Thanks for some of the suggestions. This morning I added I added a little 1
gram screw to each damper lever. It solved the problem in the treble, but the
bass still has an after ring on most notes. As I mentioned, this is on a 30
year old B, which is in a piano faculty's studio. I had replaced the dampers
and rebushed the guide rail. Right next to it is a 2 year old B. Guess what?
It has the same problem. The I went and tried 3 other B's, and they all have
the same problem. I guess it is an inherent problem of the B.

Wim