speaking of damper problems

Mary C. Smith MarySmith@mail.utexas.edu
Sat Aug 17 12:51 MDT 2002

I agree with what Jon has said here, and also watch carefully to see that
both strings of the bicord move equally when the damper returns to the
strings. If not, the head and felt are not properly spaced to the strings.
(adjust above the guide rail for this) Also check front to back lift. I have
found that very slight changes in this will mute out one or another
offensive overtone.