damaged piano

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Mon Aug 26 09:32 MDT 2002

Jeff,

>Yes, there are a couple of buckles in the keybed, and it SHOULD be
>replaced.  I agree.  I don't consider myself qualified to replace a keybed,
>and we are by no means set up for it.  But even if we were, and I did feel
>qualified for this, I'm already stretched thin for tunings alone, much less
>any other regulating, refurbishing and rebuilding work which needs to be
  done more often than I can get to it.

>What I'm EXPECTING is that we'll wind up having to live with the best
>repair we can afford.  I HOPE that means I can at least send it to Baldwin
>or other qualified rebuilding shop to have it completely restored.  I'm
>more afraid that with our budget problems, that's going to mean drying it
>out and putting it back together as best I can with as few parts purchases
>as possible.
>
>Jeff

Just a thought. Do you have a rebuilder friend in your immediate area
who _is_ set up and qualified to do that job? If so, would there be any
chance of maybe
trading out some work and getting that person to do it? Unless you can
come up with the funds to actually pay someone, of course.

Granted, it's a long shot but if possible, in the long run it would
probably save you a lot of time and headaches in trying to get and keep
the piano playing decently. Not the best solution but just grasping at
straws, I guess. :-) I don't envy you!