damaged piano

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Mon Aug 26 10:22 MDT 2002

In a message dated Mon, 26 Aug 2002 10:27:13 AM Eastern Standard Time, atodd@UH.EDU writes:

> I'm
> >more afraid that with our budget problems, that's going to mean drying it
> >out and putting it back together as best I can with as few
> parts purchases
> >as possible.
> >
> >Jeff

Jeff

Under the circumstances, if I were you, I would tell the chair that if they can't afford to do the repair right, much less replace the piano, that you don't want to do anything to the piano. No matter what you do, short of the major recondition, there are going to be problems with this piano down the road. Some faculty members might understand, but most will not. Memories are short. And if not this year, most certainly, in several years, students and faculty members are going to constantly complain how bad this piano plays, and they are going to blame it on you.

As Avery said, I'm glad I'm not in your shoes. Maybe if you show your chair all of our e-mails, he'll find the money to repair the piano.

Good luck

Wim