Floating pitch

Jeff Tanner jtanner@mozart.music.sc.edu
Wed Aug 28 12:39 MDT 2002

What Doug and Eric said, ditto for me, word for word.  When I started here,
I tried to fight for 440 and quickly learned that I was creating 5 times
more work by doing so, just making the mountain taller and the quicksand
softer.  Then, I purchased an SAT III this year, and that has improved the
process another 100%.  I just measure a note or two, hit the "reset"
button, choose my memory file and take off.  Stability has been MUCH
improved.  I'm not climbing the mountain yet, but don't feel as deep in the
quicksand.

Jeff
U of South Carolina