Broadwood Rectangular Tuning tip

Robert A. Murphy murphyr@msu.edu
Thu Aug 29 13:54 MDT 2002

Hi Lance et al,

Try Lutz Bungart @ http://www.fortepiano.com/index.htm for oblong pin
tuning levers.  His gooseneck lever will work fine on the occasional
Broadwood that you come across.

I do a lot of concert and recording work tuning fortepianos which have
oblong pins and have had double-headed hammers custom made for the purpose
(i.e. slot parallel to handle on one head and slot perpendicular on the
other to help keep handle in more or less the same position while
tuning).  I have a couple of sources if your interested, but, the cost of
having these made up is prohibitive, unless you tune these instruments
regularly.

Best,
Robert
Robert A. Murphy
Piano Technician                        pager  517.232.0229
Michigan State University            office  517.355.3370
E.Lansing , MI 48824                  e-mail:  murphyr@msu.edu