pitch floating

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 29 21:22 MDT 2002

If anyone is bringing the bass up to match the sharp, out of tune tenor they need to turn in their tuning hammer...
Floating pitch for me is plugging in the SAT numbers and then going through the A's to see where the problem is.  Maybe the bass is right on.  Tenor is sharp and the treble flat...Tune to A440, go through the tenor and treble and then once through the whole thing.  Maybe the bass is -4 cents and the tenor is +8 and the treble is -4...really flat top octave.  I tune -4 cents...that is I offset the SAT -4 cents and bring up the stored tuning page which will bring the tenor down 4 cents and the high treble up to -4 overall, if you get my drift...;-]

David I.