soundboard springs

Thu, 5 Dec 2002 07:28:48 -0800

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: David M. Porritt=20
  To: caut@ptg.org=20
  Sent: December 04, 2002 4:52 PM
  Subject: soundboard springs

  I've been inspired!  I have a client, a university in East Texas that =
has a 5 year old "D" that is dead.  Sustain is gone.  I have a "B" and a =
"D" here that are 9 years old.  The "B" is not dead yet, but the =
vultures are circling.

  I read in the archives again last night the post from Del of April =
2001 on putting the sounding board springs in.  I've ordered the springs =
from McMaster and I've remembered I have some nice "L" shaped maple that =
can serve as the mounts for the system.  This maple had a former life as =
damper lifter trays. =20

What have you ordered for springs?
Del