A new kind of wading pool for the kids!

Dave Forman dforman@rider.edu
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 22:12:16 -0500

According to the Inquirer, most of the musicians were concerned about
getting their own instruments protected-valuable string instruments that
would be impossible to replace. Also, the sprinklers on the stage are
deluge sprinklers, so it sounds like a lot of water came down. The
kimmel Center just opened several months ago, so obviously all the kinks
are not out yet-very expensive kinks.
Dave Forman
Westminster Choir College, Princeton, NJ

-----Original Message-----
From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf Of
Ronald E Engle
Sent: Sunday, December 01, 2002 2:39 AM
To: caut@ptg.org
Subject: Re: A new kind of wading pool for the kids!

When I heard this story on the radio I wondered if anybody even gave the
piano a thought when this was all going on, and tried to cover it?
Typical of the respect our beloved instrument gets.

I have trouble visualizing several inches on water in the piano.
Especially on the sound board.  There is no dam on the sound board that
would raise the water level that high.  The damper guide rail is not
continuous across the pianoa and are there not holes in the sound board
where nose bolts go thru?

Ron Engle