Are all students this stupid?

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 20:11:09 EST

I gave the final exam to my Music Business class yesterday and one of the
questions is "In the 1920 what three inventions brought music to the
masses?". The answers were supposed to be: the radio, talkies, and the record
player. Out of my 6 students only one got it right. But what was most
disturbing was that three of them gave as one of their answers, the printing
press

Now I got to admit during one class session I mentioned that the printing
press brought the printed word to the masses. But I know I didn't say in the
1920's?

Are the students in Alabama the only ones so stupid, or is this a national
phenomenon?

Wim