Sustain URL

Richard Adkins RADKINS@coe.edu
Mon, 09 Dec 2002 11:52:48 -0600

http://www.pianosonline.co.uk/pol/org.paneris.pol.controller.Page/Home/Events/Dain_Eng.htm

Will take you to the charts I mentioned. My big mistake is that
the Steinway D is a Hamburg _not_American.

Scroll down to where the charts depict sustain @ a-440.

It does not say it is Hamburg, but a look at the picture tells you it is.

Sorry I missed that.

Too bad the testor did not do the killer ocatave!

Anyhow there is a MP3 sample to listen to as well, comparing
the Bosendorfer/and the Steinway.

Ofcourse these are just 2 pianos.

It should be noted that mention of the Stuart piano's long sustain is made
on this discussion page, as well. The Stuart piano has a bridge device
that eliminates the need for notching. The front "pins" of this device
are vertical and non dampening, like the usually slanted front bridge
pins in moder piano making practice worldwide. In this way it is
similar, but completely different than WAPIN. The principal though,
is related. I am not sure if Stuarts bridge devices are available for
purchase. Wapin is available to anyone who wants to learn.

Richard