Are all students this stupid?

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Mon, 9 Dec 2002 23:54:12 -0600

> Apparently they somehow thought I said the printing press was
invented in > 1920. The reason I thought they should have known
better is that the
> invention of the printing press is considered one of the
milestones in
> history, and a lesson that should have been learned in high
school, or
> earlier. But, maybe I'm wrong.
>
> Wim

Yes Wim you may have erred.   Your question was, ">>"In the 1920's
what three inventions brought music to the masses?". <<

It is not clear if you mean what three inventions that occurred
only in the 1920's or what three inventions ever that bought music
to the masses in the 1920's.

For "correct" answers you give the radio, the record player, and
the "talkies".    Well the radio was invented well before 1920 and
so was the record player.  As far as the talkies, how many movies
with sound in the 20's had music that would qualify  "bringing
music to the masses".    The sheet music boom of the 1920's
 continuing from 1910 and 1900 and 1890)  which surely should have
been covered in a "Music Business" class was made possible by the
printing press, also invented well before 1920.

---ric