key bushings

Fri, 20 Dec 2002 00:53:01 +0100

I dont think Del was actually attempting to make a case for Russian
Pianos in general, as much as he was pointing out how many good
inventions through the past have just been ignored or left in the
proverbial dust for no real good reason.

I thought it was pretty cute really. Tho I aggree with your experiences
otherwise with the Russian piano building industry. One of the worst
I've seen was something called "Etyde". You never knew exactly what to
expect... one day you would break a tuning pin on one and the next one
you ran into might have loose pins, or you might even pack one out of
the crate and watch it literally explode before your very eyes.

RiCB

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.