Broken Baldwin

Lawrence Becker lawrence.becker@uc.edu
Fri Feb 1 05:22 MST 2002

At 05:11 AM 2/1/02, you wrote:
>I think Baldwin is gone.
>
>Rob Edwardsen

The way it has been explained to me is that since Gibson bought Baldwin's
"assets" from GE Credit, rather than buying an ongoing company outright,
they can disavow responsibility for debts, warranties, etc.  They have been
authorizing 'some' warranty work.  But I would definitely get authorization
before assuming any work was covered.

Lawrence Becker, RPT
Piano Technician
College-Conservatory of Music
University of Cincinnati
Former Baldwin Factory Worker
Former Baldwin Cincinnati Retail Service Co-ordinator
Presently in Mourning