S & S 'D' Problems

Newton Hunt nhunt@optonline.net
Sun Feb 10 21:34 MST 2002

Sheesh, you guys!

I started this before my second cup, before breakfast and in my robe.
Don't even give a guy a chance to dress. :)

Ok, here is the picture.  The radius is not right because I don't have
my original radiusing setup and it is too early to be creative, so a
piece of sandpaper had to do.

I use medium CA to fill gaps so a flat surface is not needed.  Jon, I
never thought of using buckskin but I can think of no reason not to try
it.

Tips and tricks, technique, is what we acquire over a period of time
from our technology knowledge.  This little idea came out of desperation
on a "D" that S&S had radiused and the hammers were resting on the
backchecks.  The tails were too thin and I was trying to figure out how
to get some back on.  Since the actual contact area of the backcheck and
heel is rather small I grabbed a piece of scrap wood and the glue.
After looking at the results I did the whole set.  Worked great with no
weight penalty.

Have a great weekend all!

		peripatetic Newton

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...