Grand half stick

Jeff Tanner jtanner@mozart.music.sc.edu
Mon Feb 18 09:54 MST 2002

Hey guys,
Thanks for the input.  I had considered the dowel, or broom stick, but I'm
most concerned about how easy it would be to accidentally brush up against
and knock the stick out, because there's really no place to anchor it
firmly.  I can invision serious damper damage, a horn or hand being
crushed, etc.  The pianist also wants to stay away from repeating a
punctured soundboard incident with a harpsichord some years back.

Right now, I'm picturing a long-handled slingshot shaped prop, felt lined,
which would fit snugly over the existing prop right at or near the hinge.
I just wondered if any of you might have seen or used any safer method than
a whittled broom stick.

Thanks,
Jeff

Jeff Tanner