Part info

Jim Harvey harvey@greenwood.net
Mon Feb 18 22:54 MST 2002

Wim, since you have the Schaff catalog handy and I can't find mine,
would you check something for me?

I'm in pursuit of the fallboard catch for a Knabe grand. The
male/female ensemble looks strangely like a ... cabinet latch!

I'm sure other pianos have these, and I find it hard to believe that
I've never needed one
until now. BTW, the result of one of the pieces breaking is that the
rear of the fallboard now hits the tops of the keys, causing a global
knock. A piece of hard felt on the stretcher is curing the problem
momentarily.

Thanks,
Jim Harvey