Sostenuto Question

Lance Lafargue lancelafargue@bellsouth.net
Wed Feb 20 17:28 MST 2002

Thanks Ed.  I'll look at it tomorrow and let you know.
lance

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-caut@ptg.org [mailto:owner-caut@ptg.org]On Behalf Of Ed
Sutton
Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2002 2:52 PM
To: caut@ptg.org
Subject: Re: Sostenuto Question

Hi Lance,
Re the 45" studio:
I just checked this on a Yamaha vertical action model with sostenuto.
If the sostenuto rod catches more than just the tip of the rubber tab, you
can feel a significant difference in touchweight on the unsostenuted note.
The Steinway version of the system is probably even worse.  The rod needs to
be as low and as far out from the action as possible while still functioning
in order to put minimal pressure on the damper levers of the unsostenuted
notes.
Best regards,
Ed Sutton