Inharmonicity other than n^2

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Fri Feb 22 01:19 MST 2002

Since no one responded to Robert Scott's suggestion of using a value other
than n^2, (the square of the partial number) I would like to ask for a
little clarification of the information below.

"instead of n^2, the
| following lookup table:
|
| n C[n] (instead of n^2)
|      --------------
| 1 1.000
| 2 4.000
| 3 8.450

The line that says n C[n]   ,   I wonder what the letters mean.   [n] ,   I
take to mean to use the values you give instead of n^2.   For example for
the 3rd partial, instead of 3^2 or 9, you give 8.450.  However  "n C"  of
n C[n]   I don't understand.  Could you elucidate?

I enjoyed reading the original pubublications of the experments
inhnarmonicity.  I am looking forward to reading about modern experiments
with modern machines.
---ric

`