Baldwin keyslips

Fred Sturm fssturm@unm.edu
Fri Feb 22 09:28 MST 2002

Baldwin recently switched to Yamaha style keyslip/key block
arrangement. I've had problems with keys catching on the slip. I won't
go into all the details, but will just note that, contrary to what I
originally thought, the angle iron part of the pressboard keyslip is
quite bendable. So just take it off, put one end on the ground, hold the
other, and bend it. (There are a lot of "thangs" about execution of the
design I could add, but who know, maybe Gibson will work them out).
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico