humidifying tube

Michelle L Stranges stranges@Oswego.EDU
Wed Feb 27 14:30 MST 2002

Woah!!

>From what you described it sounds like the same thing that string players
use.
THey are much smaller and go in the voilin/viola/cello case itself. ( Am I
wrong here??)

They are small green tubes with cuts on the side, caps on the end. The
bigger ones are for the cellos.
Maybe they do not have actual water in them but geez I remember thse things
for humidity purposes.

Any string players out there?? Am I crazy??

Personally I think this idea is not good at all, and they should SERIOUSLY
look into a Dampp Chaser.

I sincerely hope no-one is out there selling this type of thing. It may work
for that clarinet player and his woodwind instrument but not our pianos.
It's filled with bathtub water put directly on plates?????
 "Uh-oh" says me.

 But hey... maybe it's a new item out and I skipped that article that was in
the journal.

:) michelle
stranges@oswego.edu