students as helpers

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Mon Jan 7 09:45 MST 2002

Dear Colleagues:

Loren mentioned the use of 2 student helper. I have been approached by 2
students who are interested in learning piano tuning and repair. I started
working with one of them, teaching him unison tuning, and he helped repin a
grand action. The other one is only going to be here for one more semester,
before going back to Cyprus.

What are some of you doing with students? How much time do you spend with
them. How extensive is your training? Do they do any repairs or regulation?
How long do they usually last with you? Are you allowed to do this by the
administration?

If this has been discussed before, I am sorry. As you know, I just started
here. But if you have any comments, I would appreciate them.

Thanks

Wim Blees RPT
U of Alabama