university workshop

Loren Buntemeyer lorbunt@ukans.edu
Mon Jan 7 18:58 MST 2002

Univ. Techs,

Wim asked about student help.  I only have students work on minor repairs
and cleaning.  Such as, reshaping practice room hammers, repair benches,
gluing on felts, etc.  .  I have a thing about teaching them tuning.  They
learn enough to be dangerous.

The situation here is a long story and since it is still on going, I will
only tell you that the fire Marshal is removing me and a few other offices
from my present area due to fire code violations.  My present room has 400
square feet and I'm trying to get a storage room that has 1200 square feet.
Due to the importance of junk storage over the piano technician, I have only
so far convinced them of 600 square feet.  The REST OF THE STORY will come
later.

Thanks for your input.

Loren Buntemeyer RPT
University of Kansas