CTE-Master Tuning

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Tue Jan 8 10:17 MST 2002

I have a question for a CTE. I'm in the process of tuning the piano
here at the university which is used for our tuning exams and have
found some things I don't really like and think could be improved.

Since I'm the CTE who did the Master, completely aurally, what is the
procedure if I'd like to change a few things? Basically the same as
when the Master is originally done? Go over it with two other RPT's?

It's kind of interesting to me. I haven't really thoroughly checked it
in a long time but started doing so today and immediately found some
things in the temperament octave that aren't as good as they could be.
I know I'd never have left it that way when we did the Master and I'm
sure the others wouldn't have, either.

Is it possible for a piano to change that much? Just curious.

Thanks.

Avery