Temp fluctuation affect?

Mary Smith MarySmith@mail.utexas.edu
Wed Jan 23 07:32 MST 2002

OK, Ray...so, why are soundboards dried in "hot boxes" before they
are installed in pianos? And why do we install heater bars as part of
Dampp-Chaser systems, if heating the air does not change moisture
content of wood? Mind you, I'm not challenging your statements, I'm
just trying to understand. Thanks.