Everett Pinblock Repair

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Fri Jan 25 10:00 MST 2002

In a message dated 1/25/02 8:59:16 AM Central Standard Time,
jtanner@mozart.music.sc.edu writes:

> Is it absolutely necessary to lower the tension to do the repair of
> replacing the pinblock screws with bolts which go all the way through the
> frame? or can one leave the tension up and simply clamp each section during
> the process?

My experience is that you do not have to lower tension. In situations when I
have done this, I could not close the gap, even with heavy duty clamps. My
opinion is that all you want to do is keep the separation from continuing. As
you said, you don't want to spend a lot of time on this. Do what you are
suggesting, and let it go at that.

Wim