Broken TP

Ed Sutton ed440@mindspring.com
Thu Jan 31 12:11 MST 2002

Avery-
    First try the tuning pin extracter.
    If that doesn't work, then measure carefully to locate where the axis of
the pin comes out on the back of the piano.  Then using a level on the drill
and a try square or block of wood marked with a perpendicular, or an
assistant eye-baller, drill through to the bottom of the pin hole with a
1/2" bit.
    Then use a flat tipped punch to drive out the pin.
    When you get it part way out, try the extracter again, so that you do
minimal damage to the tuning pin hole.
    Ed S.