Broken TP

Jeff Tanner jtanner@mozart.music.sc.edu
Thu Jan 31 14:51 MST 2002

Or, you could report it to Baldwin as a warranty issue and see if they'll
deal with it, or at least get it approved as a warranty repair.  At least
they'd have a record of it.  That way, if their tech screws up the pin
block, they should have to make the piano good.  If YOU, on the other hand,
screw up the pin block on a brand new piano....

Just another thought that hasn't been mentioned.
Jeff

>From: Avery Todd <atodd@UH.EDU>
>To: caut@ptg.org
>Subject: Broken TP
>Date: Thu, Jan 31, 2002, 7:24 AM
>

> List,
>
> Anyone have a good way to extract a broken tuning pin
> on a new Baldwin Hamilton? There's about 1/4" still
> extending beyond the plate but it's EXTREMELY tight
> in the block!
>
> I've never had this happen to me and actually, this
> information is for another tech. Any brilliant ideas
> out there? Thanks.
>
> Avery

Jeff Tanner
Piano Technician