psychrometer chart

Fred Sturm fssturm@unm.edu
Fri Mar 1 12:31 MST 2002

Thanks for the tips. Ron's is a graphic chart with curved, intersecting
lines. Unfortunately, to read below 20% you need the dry-bulb temp to be
well above 70 degrees F. Don's two are quite different from one another.
The chart at http://www.bigelow.org/virtual/handson/humidity.html does
show a full range of humidities for a full range of temps (Farenheit).
The web-site at http://www.bom.gov.au/lam/humiditycalc.shtml has a
"calculator" which gives an output of rel hum when you input dry and wet
bulb temps (Centigrade). I was interested to find that the chart in the
former had 19% for dry 70F/wet50F, while the calculator in the latter
had 11% for 21C dry/wet  10C (Which, if I calculated right are the
equivalent F and C). Neither mentioned barometric pressure (though I
assume each used a constant).
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico