4 concert grands

Thu Mar 7 11:54 MST 2002

Paul Kupelian wrote:

> > BUT HEY NOW!!!!! Here's a thought!!!!
> > Why not try tuning each one completely aurally and see what comes out of
> > it!!!! WOOO-HOOO!!
> >
> Gee, I wonder how those technicians with Accutuners did it in Stravinski's
> time? Les Noces was written in 1923- Ya think?
>
> Paul Kupelian
> an aural disciple

Grin... i just tuned the two C's we have at the UiB today, and decided to take
up this little challange. Started with one at 440, and the other at 440.5
plus. I took them to up too 442 as we are haveing a special concert this
weekend requireing that pitch anyways. I had 4 hours on me and decided to see
how good I could make them come out. I usually tune the one and then refer to
it quite often while tuning the other. This time I simply tuned each seperatly
and proceeded to do a note by note check for double piano unisons

I ran into 2 bass notes that needed to be significantly adjusted C2 and D#1,
and the highest notes from F upwards needed a bit of back and forthing to even
out. Elsewise I found just nitpicking stuff here and there to clean up.

The ear is not to be underestimated in all this technological wonder. The
cybertuner is nothing compared to the power of the force Luke. :)

That being said, I get my new Fujitsu Lifebook P tommorrow and am looking
forward to loading Cyberear and Tunelab into it. Great ear training aids !

another (for the most part)  aural diciple :)

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.