workload formula revisions

Mark Cramer cramer@BrandonU.CA
Wed Mar 13 14:20 MST 2002

Thanks for your hard work on this Fred.

I have to think about the "Quality" variable for awhile.

Presuming others like myself use the "Guidelines" categorization of
inventory to predict more than theoretical workload, I'm not in a hurry to
drop this variable.

For instance, doing a query under the "Quality" variable can give a
"short-list" of pianos to budget major rebuilding for.

As well, a base is provided for calculating cost of upgrading inventory to
best quality, from present.

"Condition" has a major implication on workload, but "Quality" seems to
impact the decision to improve "condition" at least as radically as
"Acceptable Standards."

Regarding the direct workload implications of "Quality," I do hear what
you're saying, Fred.

The irony is similar to replacing old inventory with new, in that during the
first year of new, the workload is actually increased.

Such insights wouldn't have been widely shared without your effort. I hope
to see more input on this question as well.

Mark Cramer,
Brandon University