workload formula revisions

Michael Jorgensen jorge1ml@cmich.edu
Thu Mar 14 07:46 MST 2002

Hi Fred,
      I agree with the concerns.  The quality category is problematic and so is
the upright grand time demand ratio.  "Retail value of the instrument new" number
could cover that.   A Yamaha P22 is not a U3.  A new concert grand costs five
times a new C1 which costs about twice a U1  or three times a P22.  These costs
mostly represent the time the manufacturer invested and to a much lesser degree
material.   The time they invested could correspond to the time we should invest
to maintain at a reasonable level.  Use level, climate, condition,  and acceptable
standards would be the only other needed categories.
-Mike

Fellow Cauts,